Pressure cookers have maintained their positions to be the best cooking devices on the face of this earth. Why? It is because of their unique property of building more pressure inside than the atmospheric pressure outside.
These kitchen devices are engineered this way in order to not only save you time but also to maintain the taste and the nutrition in whatever you decide to cook. From your selected veggies to your chosen meat, you will have results an hour at the most.
The very first thing that pops up in your head when you read or hear someone say “potato” is French fries. For almost all of our lives, we have been filling ourselves with baked cheese potatoes, mashed potatoes, potato wedges and French fries with different dips and sauces. Why make this delicious and nutrient-rich vegetable destructive for your health by frying and baking it?
Did it ever cross your mind how you ended up having such scrumptious vegetables in your inventory and at you dining tables??? What seems to be your favorite veggie actually carries a great history.
- The potato originated from the Andes Mountains of South America.
- When in the 1500’s Spanish explorers invaded South America, the Spanish conqueror brought gold back to Spain but they also brought the potatoes.
- Gradually, the potatoes were accepted in America as well as Europe from a low-class food to royal highness in the veggie chain.
- Potatoes are known to have a high ratio of the following nutrients:
- vitamins A and B,
- potash, soda, and
- alkaline salts.
Today, these potatoes are a common vegetable in the Western diet. The question is whether potato diets and potato salads are beneficial. They sure do seem to be healthy with all those nutrients in them. Salad can also help decrease your chances of getting cancer. You can treat them whichever way and they will continue to surprise you with exceptional taste. Whether you decide to bake, fry, and mash them or even make potato gravy.
Pressure Cooker Potato Salad
It is significant to remember that what`s good for you, may not be good for others. Therefore, seek medical advice before you start a diet. However, the potato diet can also prove to be beneficial for you in order to lose weight and stay healthy.
Old fashioned, or rather better to say, traditional potato salad is a summer favorite recipe for picnics and barbecues. This recipe is a real wonder, quick and easy; you can create an amazing breakfast, brunch, lunch, evening snack, or perhaps dinner in the morning before you head to work.
By the time you get home, it will be chilled and ready to eat. This potato salad can also be served as a perfect side dish for grilled chicken, steak or burgers.
- 3 large or 5 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups of water
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp. of mustard
- 1 small finely chopped onion
- 2 tbsp. parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice or white vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Oregano ½ tsp.
- Carefully place the eggs over the diced potatoes in the cooker
- Fill the cooker with water such that your eggs and potatoes are 2 inches deep in the water.
- Lock the lid after carefully placing the lid on the pressure cooker.
- Place it on the stove on medium heat for about 3 to 4 min.
- After the time has elapsed, turn off the stove and open one of the valves.
- Let the residual steam discharge naturally
- When all the steam has been released, carefully open the lid
- To check whether the potatoes are soft and tender, insert a knife. If the knife eases into the potatoes, you are good to go
- Separate the eggs into an ice water bowl and add peeled potatoes in a separate bowl.
- Add mayo, mustard, lemon juice, onion, parsley, salt and pepper, oregano and vinegar and toss and mix until well combined
- Then, shift your potatoes in that mixture. Toss it thoroughly until potatoes are well coated with the mixture.
- Slice the eggs after skinning them and decorate your salad with them.
Your healthy bowl of salad is ready to be consumed without any second thoughts!
Incoming search terms:
- fagor pressure cooker potato for salad
- how long do you cook potatoes for potato salad in an electric pressure cooker
- how to prepare potaoes fot potatoe dalad in pressre cooker
- potato salad in pressure cooker
- potatoes for salad in pressure cooker