Are you in the mood for a delicious yet healthy homemade or restaurant dinner? You can make delicious pulled pork at home in a pressure cooker. This dish is so tasty that many people love to have it at lunch or even at breakfast.
Pulled pork can be cooked in a traditional oven to make a juicy or dry dish. Cooking it in a pressure cooker brings an entire new dimension to the culinary process, creating a scrumptious meal that’s also healthy.
Seasoning and cooking
Pork can only reach that mouthwatering tender state when it’s cooked at a low temperature for several hours. This method became so popular that the term pulled pork was born.
Interesting facts about pulled pork:
• Pulled pork is part of the cuisine of people from different ethnic backgrounds.
• While there are many different flavors and ways of making pulled pork, a big favorite is barbequed pulled pork.
• This dish is so popular that Arby’s, the popular fast food chain, bases its franchise around it. Now, that’s a dish!
• To make this dish for yourself and your family, you only need to season the pulled pork before cooking.
• Salt, pepper and garlic are the three basic ingredients. However, if you want to explore more options, the sky is the limit.
• After seasoning the pork, you only need to fill the pressure cooker with water and let it simmer at 15 pounds of pressure for one hour.
• After your pulled pork is cooked and ready to be served, it’s time to add that delicious BBQ sauce. Original or tangy, the choice is yours.
Top 5 pressure cookers
Making the best pulled pork doesn’t just depend on having meat of the highest quality. You also need to have the best pressure cooker to cook your succulent delight.
The top five pressure cookers currently available by rating are listed here:
2. Kuhn Rikon
4. All American
With one of these pressure cookers, you can make delectable pulled pork and many other dishes. Pressure cookers provide a revolutionary and much faster way of cooking pulled pork.
These popular pressure cookers are easily available online or in stores, and they are very affordable as compared to traditional ovens and stoves.
Ways of eating pulled pork
• Pulled pork can be seasoned and prepared in many different ways. Some people like it by itself as the main entrée.
• Others like it mixed with the other food on the menu.
• However, most people like to have it between two slices of bread or in a hamburger bun.
• As mentioned earlier, the well-known food chain Arbys uses pulled pork as one of its main attractions, and it’s been working for over fifty years!
• People keep coming back for the sandwiches made with extra sauce selections, and for a good reason!
• Pulled pork cooked in a pressure cooker has just the right texture to tickle your taste buds.
• Again, different amounts of salt, pepper and even vinegar help to get the most out of the pork before it is put in the cooker.
• For the best results, it needs to be marinated for as long as possible in a refrigerated state.
Another option for pulled pork is a slow cooker…
Benefits of eating pulled pork cooked in a pressure cooker
The benefits of eating pulled pork as compared to food with lots of fat and salt are very high:
• Consuming food with a high fat content can lead to multiple health problems.
• You can avoid these complications by using the cooking methods mentioned above.
• Dishes that taste great usually aren’t good for your health, but this doesn’t apply to pulled pork cooked in a pressure cooker.
• While most fried food adds a lot of grease, fat and cholesterol to your diet, pulled pork cooked in a pressure can actually lower these numbers!
• Studies show that people who eat too much fast food need to change their unhealthy eating habits.
• Those who shift to pulled pork cooked in a pressure cooker lose more unhealthy weight and have more stamina than those who eat fried pork.
Add to the healthy theme by adding some steamed vegetables.
Pulled pork cooked in a pressure cooker is one of the most popular pork dishes. This innovative appliance reduces the time required to cook the pork considerably .