Pressure cookers were apparently invented in the year 1681 by the French physicist Denis Papin. Since then, many forms of pressure cooker have been a common sight for people living and cooking in this world.
Pressure cookers have revolutionized cooking with the passage of time and are still evolving. Many instruments have been added to them to aid a naïve person with assistance while cooking, as well as to save them from drastic accidents that were common news in older days.
However, nowadays you can cook almost anything and everything in the pressure cooker without the fear of experiencing a blast from the past. You might not believe this, but things as sensitive as eggs can be made in a pressure cooker with unbelievable perfection.
Benefits Of Hard Boiled Eggs
Eggs are loaded with nutrients, and most of their constituents are rare or missing in the modern diet. Have a look at the 7 health benefits of adding eggs to your diet, which have been confirmed in studies.
There are many forms in which you can have your eggs made. You can mold them as you like them, such as, you can scramble them, half fry them, full fry them, bake them, and eat them as are or you can boil them. And, with a little addition of seasoning as per your desire in the eggs, they can taste heavenly.
- Eggs Are Incredibly Nutritious
- Selenium: 22% of the RDA.
- Vitamin B2: 15% of the RDA.
- Vitamin B12 & phosphorus: 9% of the RDA
- Foliate: 5% of the RDA.
- Vitamin B5: 7% of the RDA.
- Vitamin A: 6% of the RDA.
- Decent amount of Vitamin B6, Vitamin D, Vitamin E, Vitamin K, Calcium and Zinc.
- Eggs Contain Choline
Choline is needed to form cell membranes and in producing signaling molecules in the brain, along with various other functions. An egg contains more than 100 mg of choline.
- Eggs Raise HDL Cholesterol
HDL attitudes for High-Density Lipoprotein are often identified as the “good” cholesterol. HDLs are important for the human body in order to decrease the risks of a heart disease, stroke, and various health complications.
- Eggs Are High in Protein
Eggs are known for their high constituents of protein. Proteins are declared to be essentially the main building blocks in a human body. Their function is to make all classes of tissues and molecules that are used to serve both structural and functional purposes.
- Eggs Reduce the Risk of Heart Disease
For ages and even in most parts of the world, eggs are been scandalized for causing heart diseases due to the high amount of cholesterol found in them. However, many studies in recent years have deduced the relationship between egg consumption and the risk of heart disease, stating that no association was found.
- Eggs Lower Triglycerides
Omega-3 fatty acids are known to reduce blood levels of triglycerides. Triglycerides are well known for the risk factor that causes heart diseases. As per the studies, 5 omega-3 enriched eggs per week for 3 weeks reduces triglycerides by 16-18%
- Eggs Have Major Benefits For Eye Health
Eggs contain two such nutrients that help in rescuing your eyes from health problems. These are called Lutein and Zeaxanthin, powerful antioxidants that tend to form in the retina of the eye.
Pressure Cooking Techniques for Hard Boiled Eggs
Hard boiled eggs, when boiled in the pressure cooker, become exceptionally easy for you to peel. If you are wondering how, here is the rocket science. The pressure cooker generates the pressure difference between the peripheral of the egg and the air pocket inside that causes inflation and separates the shell from the egg white.
Next, get prepared to witness some amazing techniques and tips to make three types of boiled eggs. It is almost similar to what magicians do. More appropriately you can call it a time game, where it is all about perfect timing and ta da…
- For 6 Minutes: If you choose to boil the eggs in the pressure cooker for about 6 minutes and open the lid of the cooker, you should be expecting a hard-boiled egg. This means that the egg yolk would be still. Hardboiled eggs are perfect for sandwiches and salads.
- For 5 Minutes: If you choose to boil the eggs in the pressure cooker for about 5 minutes and open the lid of a cooker, you should be expecting a medium boiled egg. This means that you would get a tenderized or partially cooked yolk when cut in half.
- For 3 Minutes: If you choose to boil the eggs in the pressure cooker for about 3 minutes and open the lid, you should be expecting a soft-boiled egg. This means that when you are going to cut the eggs in half you should be expecting warm lava of a yolk to flow out onto your plate. These are usually used in American cuisine.
So, that is how you can get your types of boiled eggs, which is no more a mystery to you. Enjoy the food as you like. Please note that these time durations are according to the electric pressure cooker. If you have a conventional cooker, the time may vary slightly.
Resources balancemebeautiful.com : 10 Awesome Health Benefits from Eating Eggs
Incoming search terms:
- can choline in eggs lower eye pressure
- hard boiled eggs in bella pressure cooker