Smoked meats have a unique and woody flavor that can’t be copied by simply marinating or cooking with condiments. However, a lot of people are hesitant to purchase a smoker that they can use at home since most of the smokers on the market are too large and bulky to keep inside the house. Luckily, there is such a thing as an indoor smoker. The GoWise USA 8.5 QT smoker not only lets you smoke your favorite meats, but you can also use it indoors while still taking advantage of its pressure cooker functions. It even has a super handy cold smoke function for delicate cheeses.
Smokers give you that full rustic flavor while pressure cooking allows you to cook food in a matter of minutes. What better way to make cooking more convenient than to combine these two functions in one handy little pot? If you’d like to know more about my experience with the GoWISE USA 5-in-1 Extra Large 8.5 QT Indoor Pressure Smoker, check out my review.
Features of the GoWise USA 5-in1 8.5 QT Indoor Pressure Smoker
I know it might seem intimidating to have a smoker and pressure cooker all in one, but I assure you that this kitchen wonder is something you’ll be taking advantage of for many meals to come. It can cook up to six pounds of food at once, whether it’s salmon, fish, meats, poultry or even cheese. For the cheese, you can use its cold smoke function so you won’t have to worry about melting the cheese while smoking it. I’m telling you; it produced the most delectable assortment of Parmigiano cheese I have ever tasted!
The GoWise USA 8.5 QT Smoker is also perfectly safe for indoor use as it has a sturdy body that traps the heat and smoke within the pot. You may smell the smoking meat within, but it will just fill your home with an aromatic scent of cooked meat and wood chips. It’s a great way to get your guests to anticipate what you’ll be serving. In addition, it’s super easy to use since it has digital settings to choose from. You’ll no longer have to fumble about for the proper settings or the right amount of time before you can get started smoking or pressure cooking your meats. Lastly, with the combined functions of pressure cooking and smoking, your cooking time is also reduced by up to 70%, making a five-hour wait just one and a half hours.
What Are The Pros?
- It may be a smoker, but the reason you can use it indoors is that no smoke is released into the home. You can smell the delectable scent within, but not a single puff of smoke will escape from the chamber.
- It’s got a big enough capacity to cook about ten thinly sliced pork chops or twenty chicken wings.
- 5 Modes: pressure cooker, slow cook, smoke, steam, and brown.
- As a pressure cooker, it makes cooking more convenient since it cuts the cooking time by up to 70 percent!
What Are The Cons?
- The settings may be intimidating for first-timers, but the instructions are very easy to follow.
- You also have to get the specialized wood chips. You can use your own. However, the dedicated chips provide you with the best flavor for smoking.
I love my little combination pressure cooker and smoker. There really is nothing on the market like it. Instead of buying my meat pre-smoked, I can do it by myself and infuse the meats and cheeses with the flavors of my choice. There’s nothing else I could want more in an indoor smoker!