This review is not to tell you about just another pressure cooker, but about the All American pressure cooker and canner. This cooker is not just a run-of-the-mill cooker/canner, as you will see a little further down in the review. Canning has come full circle and many families today grow and can their own foods. So what better way to do this than with a great canner!
Everyone knows that using a pressure cooker to make your meals saves time and creates moist and scrumptious recipes. The All American Pressure Cooker/Canner is great at pressure cooking but that’s not all. It’s a fantastic canner as well. When you can your own meats and vegetables you save tons of money and you know exactly what is going into the food you are eating. Instead of eating foods with preservatives, you will have freshly canned foods that are chocked full of the vitamins and minerals you need to be healthy.
Features and Details on the All American
This pressure cooker/canner comes in six sizes to fit your needs and your budget.
- 10 1/2 quart
- 15 1/2 quart
- 21 1/2 quart
- 25 quart
- 30 quart
- 41 1/2 quart
- To give you a gauge of how much a cooker/canner will hold, the 21 1/2 quart canner holds seven quart jars, or nineteen pint jars.
- The workmanship of the All American Pressure Cooker/Canner is amazing. It is hand-cast aluminum with a really nice satin finish.
- No rubber seal to worry about either, because the All American has an exclusive “metal-to-metal” sealing system. This means great cooking pressure for you with no problems.
- For safety, there is an automatic overpressure release.
- It is easy to cook at the pressure you need, since there are three settings of 5 psi, 10 psi, and 15 psi.
- The All American is true to its name as it is manufactured in Wisconsin, USA.
How Much Does The All American Cost?
The cost of your All American Pressure Cooker/Canner will depend on the size you order. The 21 1/2 quart size we have been using in this review is now for sale on Amazon for around $199.99. See a detailed review here.
For items of this price you will also get free shipping from Amazon and have it delivered right to your front door. With this perk you are saving time before you ever start cooking!
What Are Consumers Saying About
The All American Pressure Canner?
- This pressure cooker/canner is practically industrial strength!
- After two years I’m still impressed with the quality of my canner.
- In the 21 1/2 quart I am able to can almost a whole beef in about a week.
- Love the metal seal. You never have to replace it.
- The dial gauge reads very accurately.
- This cooker/canner will last a lifetime.
- This canner/cooker is a real workhorse.
- The temperature is easily maintained due to the heavy cast aluminum.
We looked to see if there were any negatives to this cooker/canner and found that what some people feel is a negative, others feel is a positive.
The main complaint about the All American is how heavy it is. And once it’s filled with food, it’s even heavier. Some people felt that this was hard to work with, while others felt that dealing with the heaviness was well worth it in order to have an industrial strength cooker.
We discovered one fact that is very important and can make a difference in whether or not this machine works the proper way. Before cooking, you need to rub a layer of olive oil on the sealing edges. This makes the seal work at its maximum, which means perfect food.
After much research into the All American Pressure Cooker/Canner, it is our opinion that this is a must have cooker for anyone who loves to can, or wants to learn how. Even if you just want to cook with the pressure cooker, this cooker is well worth the price.
The almost industrial strength of this cooker is amazing and will last you for many years to come. We love that it comes in many different sizes as well. Some people stated that they even owned more than one size. The All American has truly been made to fit any size family or need when it comes to canning.
The price on Amazon was almost half the price we saw at other stores, making this an even better bargain. We highly recommend the All American Pressure Cooker/Canner and hope you will take a closer look and see if this is the one you would like to have in your kitchen.