The KitchenAid KSC6223SS 6-Qt Slow Cooker is one of the best slow cookers ever! It works well for a person who loves home-cooked meals, but don’t have enough time to prepare them. This slow cooker is stainless steel with a glass lid and easy grip handles for safety. The bottom of the product is made to be safe on any type of counter. It has an increased 24- hour programmability feature that can be used, and it also dishwasher safe. The design is amazing, and the style is fantastic.
Tips and Guidelines For Your Slow Cooker:
- Allows you to multitask while food is cooking
- Slow cookers are designed to run all day without posing a fire hazard
- It is always helpful to drain liquid and fat from the meat before you add to the slow cooker
- Ergon Energy advises that a slow cooker cost 4 cents per hour, while a traditional stove is 60 cent per hour to use
- Do not overfill, to allow the food to steam and give you better tasting results. Check here for food steamer reviews.
- Always keep the lid closed
- You can also use the slow cooker for chicken stock, broth and other items such
as poaching apples or cooking oatmeal
- Thaw meat, poultry, and vegetables before cooking
- Do not use frozen meat in the slow cooker, due to bacteria, which could cause
food borne illness
- To avoid your meat from drying out, cook it at least six hours in advance
- Cut ingredients into the exact-size to cook evenly
- Always fill your cooker between a half and three-quarters full to cook evenly
- When using beans, it’s best to soak beans overnight and then boil at least 10 minutes before placing them into the slow cooker
- Herbs and spices usually dissipate over long cooking times, so it is better to add them near the end of cooking
- Sour cream, milk, and cheeses should be added by the last hour, because they
break down over long periods.
Time Guide for Recipes:
Low (200 degrees): High (300 degrees):
15-30 minutes –> Low:4- 6 hours High: 1 1/2- 2 hours
35- 45 minutes –> Low: 6- 10 hours High: 3-4 hours
50 minutes to 3 hours –> Low: 8- 18 hours High: 4-6 hours
The slow cooker was originated in the 1970’s, and now they are more advanced. The slow cooker reviews were rated at 5 stars. Customers said that it was the best slow cooker that they had ever purchased, it made a nice wedding or birthday gift, the temperature options were easy to use, you could unplug the cord, it was easy to store, they liked the dimensions, and they were perfect for making Cornish hens, beef stews, and many other warm foods.
The slow cooker reviews also indicated that they make juicy and tender meals with ease. It is a product that does most the cooking for you so that you can do other tasks. Additionally, if you happened to be running late, the cooker automatically goes into a warm mode for up to four hours after the set cook time passes.
In general, the KitchenAid slow cooker is meant to make your life easier when it comes to meal preparation (similar to what rice cookers do for rice). For safety reasons, look for features such as dishwasher-safe removable inserts, a glass lid, and a removable cord, so that you can serve food straight from your slow cooker.
There are also so many recipes that you can create and craft into delicious dishes. Like preparing any other meal, after using the slow cooker, the food must be cooled, eaten, or stored within a safe amount of time, but using the Kitchen Aid KSC6223SS 6-Qt Slow Cooker will automatically switch over at the appropriate time to avoid spoiling your food. It’s such a delight to have this product in your life, which will make your meals tasty and flavorful!